The purpose of the Albert Solheim Library is to support the curricular, creative, and research needs of the PNCA community. With this in mind, the library welcomes exhibitions and installations that don’t disrupt the learning environment for others. Please fill out the form below in as much detail as you can. We’ll contact you via email to arrange for further conversation or confirmation.
Guidelines & Considerations
- Proposals must be submitted at least 2 weeks before proposed installation.
- Installation and de-installation must occur during library open hours.
- Installations may not restrict access to library materials in any way.
- Please wait for official approval (via email from library staff) before finalizing plans.
- Artist is responsible for publicity, installation, and pickup of work.
- Library staff as representatives of PNCA will do their best to maintain a safe environment for the artist’s work, but PNCA cannot be held responsible for damage or loss of work.
- Work cannot be stored in the library before or after the exhibition.
- Damage to the library beyond nail holes in designated walls, must be repaired by the artist.
- The work must not contain materials that are harmful to library collections and staff.
- If the work includes a sound element, headphones must be included so as to avoid disruption of the library space.
- Library materials may be used only in accordance with the library’s mission of access. Library staff must approve the use of all library materials prior to installation.
- If the work causes unforeseen disruption of the library space, it must be remedied or removed as soon as possible.
Tiny Thumb Student Gallery
The Tiny Thumb Student Gallery is for current students to showcase their work and is located just inside the entrance of the library. Exhibitions occur monthly with openings on First Thursdays.