The Academic Support Center (ASC), located in the Albert Solheim Library, is PNCA’s research and study support network. Library staff and peer coaches collaborate with students to build skills and confidence in research, writing, and academics through one-on-one appointments, workshops, and group homework and editing support.
ASC supports research, critical thinking, and creative problem solving in the many forms they take. We help prepare students for a lifelong practice of ethical information seeking, evaluation, creation, and sharing with an emphasis on understanding and honing one’s own approaches to learning.
Spring 2020 Drop-In Hours
Monday - Thursday 12:30 - 2:30 pm.
Book an appointment with us online! Use these links to schedule
something. If you’re not sure which type of appointment to schedule, you
can email us at email@example.com.
- Meeting with Library Staff: Meet with one of our helpful library staff for assistance with finding sources, researching topics, outlining a paper, citation/bibliography creation, refining a thesis statement, paper formatting, and more!
- Meeting with a Writing Specialist: Meet with our wonderful writing specialist, Wendy, if you want in-depth and/or ongoing help with writing. She is here to help!
- Read and bring your assignment (if applicable)
- Do any required readings (if applicable)
- Bring your paper or bibliography (if applicable)
- Think of some specific questions you have
- Make an attempt to work on the assignment on your own
Preparing for a Visit to ASC: