The Academic Support Center (ASC), located in the Albert Solheim Library, is PNCA’s research and study support network. Library staff and peer coaches collaborate with students to build skills and confidence in research, writing, and academics through one-on-one appointments, workshops, and group homework and editing support.
ASC supports research, critical thinking, and creative problem solving in the many forms they take. We help prepare students for a lifelong practice of ethical information seeking, evaluation, creation, and sharing with an emphasis on understanding and honing one’s own approaches to learning.
Fall 2019 Drop-In Hours
Monday - Thursday 12:30 - 2:30 pm.
Book an appointment with us online! Use these links to schedule
something. If you’re not sure which type of appointment to schedule, you
can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help with Your Research Topic: We’ll help you come up with a good research topic that meets the requirements of your assignment. If you already have a topic in mind, we’ll help refine it!
- Help with Finding Sources: We can help you track down and get your hands on books, articles, films, podcasts (you name it!) that are relevant to your research topic.
- Help with Writing: We can help you create an outline, craft your thesis statement and structure your arguments, and avoid structural or grammatical mistakes.
- Help with Citations and Bibliographies: We can help you learn how to properly cite sources in your paper, and format your footnotes and bibliographies, including annotations.
- Help with Formatting Your Paper: Do you need help with formatting your research or thesis paper so it meets Chicago Style standards? Let us help!
- Read and bring your assignment (if applicable)
- Do any required readings (if applicable)
- Bring your paper or bibliography (if applicable)
- Think of some specific questions you have
- Make an attempt to work on the assignment on your own
Preparing for a Visit to ASC: