The Academic Support Center (ASC), located in the Albert Solheim Library, is PNCA’s research and study support network. Library staff and peer coaches collaborate with students to build skills and confidence in research, writing, and academics through one-on-one appointments, workshops, and group homework and editing support.
ASC supports research, critical thinking, and creative problem solving in the many forms they take. We help prepare students for a lifelong practice of ethical information seeking, evaluation, creation, and sharing with an emphasis on understanding and honing one’s own approaches to learning.
Summer 2020 Hours (see below for online appointment booking):
Remote Appointments (2 per week per student):
Monday - Thursday 10:00 - 5:00,
Friday 9:00 – 3:30
Book an appointment with us online! Use these links to schedule something. If you’re not sure which type of appointment to schedule, you can email us at email@example.com.
Please note that only remote appointments are available until further notice.
- Meeting with Library Staff: (currently not offered) Meet with one of our helpful library staff for assistance with finding sources, researching topics, outlining a paper, citation/bibliography creation, refining a thesis statement, paper formatting, and more!
- Meeting with Library Staff Remotely: Unable to come to campus? No problem! Meet with one of our helpful library staff for assistance with finding sources, researching topics, outlining a paper, citation/bibliography creation, refining a thesis statement, paper formatting, and more through Google Meet!
- Read and bring your assignment (if applicable)
- Do any required readings (if applicable)
- Bring your paper or bibliography (if applicable)
- Think of some specific questions you have
- Make an attempt to work on the assignment on your own
Preparing for a Visit to ASC: